Applications and Uses of Flexible Impeller Pumps
December 4, 2015
Innovative flexible impeller pumps represent a rare example of cross-design prowess. Mechanical motion rotates the impeller in that familiar fashion we all know, but a secondary driving action reinforces the pumping motion. A magical look at a cross-section of the housing would reveal this clever design, illustrating radial motion, naturally, but rotation is matched by a flexing and bending action. The pliable impeller curves, deforms to fit the compact outline of the pump housing.
Applications for Flexible Impeller Pumps
The impeller is manufactured from a high-grade engineering plastic. Output is pulse-free and even, which makes the impeller the ideal solution for a number of applications. Prime among these usage areas comes applications that require a steady output profile. Wine and beverage production lines use strategically placed versions of these positive displacement devices to delicately move chemical compounds and alcoholic beverages. Certain models even work within marine environments, smoothly powering a pulse-less line of salty water through vessel hulls. Imagine a crucial bilge pump on a ship. The flexible drive system self-primes and seals in seconds before pumping the lower decks clean of dirty water.
Delivers Viscosity Mastery
Bending and straightening to generate supplementary radial impetus through the generation of a vacuum, flexible impeller pumps are found in countless applications, though those applications are scaled for man-sized scenarios. Not built for monolithic usage domains, they're far more likely to adapt to fill light-to-medium industrial or commercial settings. Additionally, viscosity is a major factor in these production environments, which means we have our next clue as to where these machines can excel. Designed to push dairy products and gooey substances without pause, the bending vanes of the impeller pass foodstuff through factory pipes without bruising the delicate ingredients of a jam or syrup. Such superior fluid management demands a high-quality material design solution, meaning the pliable polymer is typically formed from material-neutral plastics, such as members of the nitrile family.
Neoprene and nitrile impellers form the backbone of fluid transmission science, which is somewhat ironic since the rotating assembly is basically designed to function as a flexing mechanism. The pump drives our fluid commodities sector, pumping custard and jam, liquid soap and delicate pharmacological compounds from one end of a production line to the next. The pumps transfer and distribute, mix and rinse, reversing on demand so that a production vat can be filled or emptied as required. Finally, this multi-talented rubbery pumping maestro is not restricted to food-based work. Flexible pumping has an important role to fill in hundreds of applications, including the mixing and transfer of toothpaste, the mixing of paint, and a long list of extra usage areas that would fill their own chapter if we weren't to roll to a stop right here and now.
29B Ormond Rd., East Geelong VIC 3219
Phone: (03) 5229 7443
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- How Does Impeller Balancing Maintain Pump’s Operation?
- Benefits of Routine House Pump Maintenance
- Effects of Pipe Strains on Pumping Systems
- Important Considerations in Centrifugal Pump Lubrication
- Common Causes of Excessive Pump Vibration and Ways How to Correct Them
- FAQ: Does a Pump with a Low Operating Speed Increase Its Reliability?
- Avoid Health Problems Due to Water Contamination: Invest on a Whole House Filtration System
- Poorly-Designed Piping: What Harm Can it Cause to a Pumping System?
- Fountain and Pond Pump Selection Guidelines
- Booster Pumps: What, When, and Where is it Normally Needed?
- Understanding the Effects of Water Hammer on Pumps and Pipes
- Abrasive Wear in Pump Rotor: Causes and Solutions
- Dry Running Pump Stators and Loss of Lubrication: Why Should These Be Avoided?
- Causes and Remedies of Misalignment in Pumps
- How to Select Pumps that Can Withstand Harsh Environment and Weather Conditions
- FAQ: What Type of Pump Should be Used for a Running Viscous Liquid?
- When and Why are Water Pressure Booster Pump Systems Necessary?
- Is Water Filtration System Enough to Give You Good Quality Drinking Water?
- Most Common Drinking Water Contaminants: Why Filtration is A Necessity?
- How to Check for Common Fish Pond Pump Problems
- What are the Benefits of Having Grundfos Hot Water Circulators for your Home?
- Pond and Fountain Pumps: Are there any Differences?
- Garden Pump Facts: Installation, Care and Maintenance
- View all articles…
- How to Determine the Pump Size for Your Garden Fountain
- Benefits of Custom Designed Water Pumps for Your Ponds and Garden Needs
- View all articles…
- High Pressure Pumps for Cleaning Applications
- Uses and Applications of Submersible Mixed-Flow Column Pumps
- View all articles…