Applications and Uses of Flexible Impeller Pumps
December 4, 2015
Innovative flexible impeller pumps represent a rare example of cross-design prowess. Mechanical motion rotates the impeller in that familiar fashion we all know, but a secondary driving action reinforces the pumping motion. A magical look at a cross-section of the housing would reveal this clever design, illustrating radial motion, naturally, but rotation is matched by a flexing and bending action. The pliable impeller curves, deforms to fit the compact outline of the pump housing.
Applications for Flexible Impeller Pumps
The impeller is manufactured from a high-grade engineering plastic. Output is pulse-free and even, which makes the impeller the ideal solution for a number of applications. Prime among these usage areas comes applications that require a steady output profile. Wine and beverage production lines use strategically placed versions of these positive displacement devices to delicately move chemical compounds and alcoholic beverages. Certain models even work within marine environments, smoothly powering a pulse-less line of salty water through vessel hulls. Imagine a crucial bilge pump on a ship. The flexible drive system self-primes and seals in seconds before pumping the lower decks clean of dirty water.
Delivers Viscosity Mastery
Bending and straightening to generate supplementary radial impetus through the generation of a vacuum, flexible impeller pumps are found in countless applications, though those applications are scaled for man-sized scenarios. Not built for monolithic usage domains, they're far more likely to adapt to fill light-to-medium industrial or commercial settings. Additionally, viscosity is a major factor in these production environments, which means we have our next clue as to where these machines can excel. Designed to push dairy products and gooey substances without pause, the bending vanes of the impeller pass foodstuff through factory pipes without bruising the delicate ingredients of a jam or syrup. Such superior fluid management demands a high-quality material design solution, meaning the pliable polymer is typically formed from material-neutral plastics, such as members of the nitrile family.
Neoprene and nitrile impellers form the backbone of fluid transmission science, which is somewhat ironic since the rotating assembly is basically designed to function as a flexing mechanism. The pump drives our fluid commodities sector, pumping custard and jam, liquid soap and delicate pharmacological compounds from one end of a production line to the next. The pumps transfer and distribute, mix and rinse, reversing on demand so that a production vat can be filled or emptied as required. Finally, this multi-talented rubbery pumping maestro is not restricted to food-based work. Flexible pumping has an important role to fill in hundreds of applications, including the mixing and transfer of toothpaste, the mixing of paint, and a long list of extra usage areas that would fill their own chapter if we weren't to roll to a stop right here and now.
29B Ormond Rd., East Geelong VIC 3219
Phone: (03) 5229 7443
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- What Are the Advantages of Using Centrifugal Water Pumps?
- How to Determine the Pump Size for Your Garden Fountain
- View all articles…
- High Pressure Pumps for Cleaning Applications
- Uses and Applications of Submersible Mixed-Flow Column Pumps
- View all articles…
- Common Causes of Damage to Swimming Pool Pumps
- Applications and Uses of Flexible Impeller Pumps
- The Benefits of Having Household Pressure Pumps for a Better Water Supply
- The Importance of Water Filtration System for Safe Drinking
- Definition of Jet Pumps and Their Uses
- Benefits of Using Submersible Pumps
- Benefits of Anti-Corrossion and Titanium Pumps
- Advantages of Having Stainless Water Tank Pressure System
- Pool Pumps: The Core Circulation System of Your Swimming Pool
- Applications of Pneumatic Pumps
- Telltale Signs That Your Pump Needs Repair and Servicing
- What are The Most Common Types of Water Filtration System?
- Water Pump Maintenance Checklist
- What are the Advantages of Water Pumps?
- Pumps Supplier and Repair Service in Victoria
- Water Pumps for Your Farms
- Whole House Filtration Systems by Parker Pumps
- Is your Water Safe? Ensuring that you have Safe Water
- My self-priming pump does not self-prime
- Identifying the working components of an electric pump
- The Rainwater Harvesting Dilemma Solved
- Getting down and dirty with pump basics
- Applications for Residential Pumps
- Choosing the best water pump