Garden Pump Facts: Installation, Care and Maintenance
December 13, 2018
Do you dream of stepping into your backyard in order to be greeted by the gentle splashing of a pond and the waterfall installed into it? Perhaps you dream of having your own Koi pond or backyard zen garden. Perhaps you simply want to have a running water source on your property. Whatever your reasons, you are going to need a quality garden pond pump in order to make it a reality. Today, we are going to give you a brief outline of the installation process and the general care and maintenance required to keep your system up and running.
Garden Pond Pump: How to Install and Maintain
If you want to have a quality water feature on your property then you are going to have to have a quality garden pump to keep it running. There are many different ways to select a gardening pump but you cannot even begin until you know what you are looking for. In order to install the right pump and maintain it, you need to focus on a few key points.
1) What Size of Pump Do I Need?
You need to have your garden pump properly outfitted to the water feature that you are intending to build. In order to do this, you need to focus on how much water is in your feature, where it needs to go, and how quickly you need it to circulate. You'll be paying primary attention to the change rate of your garden.
2) Where Is My Filter Box Going?
Your filter box is the construct that keeps your pump operating, in a way. The filter box should be placed next to your water feature on the opposite end of wherever you intend to install your pump. Your hoses will run from the filter box to the pump.
3) How Do I Install The Pump?
First, you need to get enough water into your feature until the bottom is completely covered. After you have set up your filter box you can place your pump at the bottom of the feature. At this point, run your lines from the filter construct to the pump itself before plugging in the pump to its power source. Now, finish filling your pond.
4) How Do I Maintain My Pump?
Maintenance of your garden pump will take several different forms. First and foremost, when you are maintaining your pump, you will need to unplug it from its power source. After the pump is unplugged, remove it from the water. Now, dismantle the entire pump and set out all of the parts in front of you. All of the parts should be cleaned and dried with fresh water. Don't use soap if you have living components inside your pump. Next, you need to take care to replace any lines that are showing signs of clogging or wearing down. Pump lines are the first things to go out and cause issues in your garden's water feature.
29B Ormond Rd., East Geelong VIC 3219
Phone: (03) 5229 7443
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Benefits of Routine House Pump Maintenance
- Effects of Pipe Strains on Pumping Systems
- Important Considerations in Centrifugal Pump Lubrication
- Common Causes of Excessive Pump Vibration and Ways How to Correct Them
- FAQ: Does a Pump with a Low Operating Speed Increase Its Reliability?
- Avoid Health Problems Due to Water Contamination: Invest on a Whole House Filtration System
- Poorly-Designed Piping: What Harm Can it Cause to a Pumping System?
- Fountain and Pond Pump Selection Guidelines
- Booster Pumps: What, When, and Where is it Normally Needed?
- Understanding the Effects of Water Hammer on Pumps and Pipes
- Abrasive Wear in Pump Rotor: Causes and Solutions
- Dry Running Pump Stators and Loss of Lubrication: Why Should These Be Avoided?
- Causes and Remedies of Misalignment in Pumps
- How to Select Pumps that Can Withstand Harsh Environment and Weather Conditions
- FAQ: What Type of Pump Should be Used for a Running Viscous Liquid?
- When and Why are Water Pressure Booster Pump Systems Necessary?
- Is Water Filtration System Enough to Give You Good Quality Drinking Water?
- Most Common Drinking Water Contaminants: Why Filtration is A Necessity?
- How to Check for Common Fish Pond Pump Problems
- What are the Benefits of Having Grundfos Hot Water Circulators for your Home?
- Pond and Fountain Pumps: Are there any Differences?
- Garden Pump Facts: Installation, Care and Maintenance
- View all articles…
- How to Determine the Pump Size for Your Garden Fountain
- Benefits of Custom Designed Water Pumps for Your Ponds and Garden Needs
- View all articles…
- High Pressure Pumps for Cleaning Applications
- Uses and Applications of Submersible Mixed-Flow Column Pumps
- View all articles…