High Pressure Pumps for Cleaning Applications
December 12, 2016
There's something hypnotic about high-pressure pumps. That feeling mostly applies when you're observing the process. If you're using this focused stream of water, well, the situation takes on an empowering quality. Caked mud and stubborn chunks of grime crumble and fly away when the powerful jet drills its way through the muck. There's a strong force at work behind the cleaning hose, a pump that's pushing mechanical boundaries. Let's take a closer look at its brawny application base.
The Advantages of High Pressure Cleaning
This is a single-stage cleansing solution. No manual tools, besides the pressurized cleaning rod, and no abrasive chemical scouring agents are required. All that's required is the pump, a primary power source, and a hose with a rod-like tool at the terminating end. This metal wand focuses the pressurized stream and really digs down into the grime like a surgeon's scalpel.
The Anatomy of a High-Pressure Pumping Mechanism
A rapidly rotating electric motor or gas-fueled engine couples with an equally powerful water pump. Picture the resulting water jet as it travels through the pressure-rated hose. It's generating 40 gpm (150 liters per minute) of fluid momentum. That translates to 7,000 psi (48,000 kPa) of pressurized power, enough water cutting energy to blast ingrained oil and grease stains into oblivion. Control is obviously preferred at the nozzle end of this powerful stream, which is where the cleaning attachment enters the scene. This rod attachment is fitted with a trigger, a release mechanism that opens a tiny but reliable valve. Once triggered, the full pressure is available for any number of tough cleaning tasks.
Jet Water Cleaning Applications
The reinforced vane design partners with additional motor poles to ramp the torque way up so that the water accelerates down an armoured hose. Next, where are the applications for this focused stream of water? Garages and aircraft hangars use the cleaning implements to wash oil stains down nearby drains. The concrete ground does its best to anchor the oily stuff, but no obstacle can stand against the pressure generated by the pump. Additional applications include but are not limited to construction equipment washing, slaughterhouse sanitation, livestock pen washing, graffiti erasing, and many other uses.
At its heart, a robust impeller with supplementary vanes is powered by a torque-proficient motor or engine. The accelerated water then surges down a narrow, flexible channel, exits into a rigid cleaning attachment, and awaits a triggering prompt. The activating valve signals the focused exit and irresistible cleaning force of a high-pressure water jet.
29B Ormond Rd., East Geelong VIC 3219
Phone: (03) 5229 7443
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- What Are the Advantages of Using Centrifugal Water Pumps?
- How to Determine the Pump Size for Your Garden Fountain
- View all articles…
- High Pressure Pumps for Cleaning Applications
- Uses and Applications of Submersible Mixed-Flow Column Pumps
- Uses and Applications of Grunfos Hot Water Circulation Pumps
- Common Causes of Swimming Pool Pump Failures
- Industrial Pump Reconditioning: Knowing What Works and What Needs Replacement
- The Importance of Pressure Pumps for Irrigation and Farming
- What is a Hot Water Circulating Pump?
- Maximise and Maintain your Sump Pumps for Longer Life Span
- Water Filter Options for Home Use
- Pumps Help Keep Your Swimming Pools in Tip Top Condition
- Pond Pumps for the Koi Fish Enthusiast
- How to Prime a Swimming Pool Pump
- The Need for Good Enclosure Design for Pumps for Protection and Maximised Performance
- How Do Sump Pumps Work?
- Essential Buying Guide for Water Pumps
- Benefits of Having a Whole House Filtration System
- UV Light System for Water Filtration and Purification: What are Its Benefits?
- Swimming Pool Pumps and Filters from Parker Pumps
- Functions and Applications of Hydraulic Pumps (Parker Pumps)
- Things You Need To Know About Sump Pumps
- Applications and Functions of Sewer Pumps
- How Do Swimming Pool Pumps Function?
- The Convenience of On Site Services and Repair for Water Pumps
- Should Your Pump Be Repaired or Replaced? Knowing When the Time Is Right