How to Select Pumps that Can Withstand Harsh Environment and Weather Conditions
April 5, 2019
Whether you have an outdoor pond or a swimming pool, taking care of an exterior water feature can be a tough task. After all, you need to make sure that your water feature is always in great shape. When a water feature is left unattended, problems can begin to manifest. Yet, the most important aspect of water feature maintenance happens outside of the feature itself. We are, of course, talking about your pump. Having a high-quality pump that can handle the job at hand while withstanding the elements is a must. How do you make sure you have the right pump for the job?
Choosing the Right Outdoor Pump
As you no doubt know, all pumps are not made equally. Pumps vary in a number of different ways. From technical specifications like gallons per hour to physical size, there are many different factors that need to be considered. Compounding issues even further, you are going to need to pay attention to how your pump can handle the outdoor weather conditions. If you are going to be leaving your pump outdoors, it will be beholden to the environment and the changing of the weather. From rain and hail to winds, cold snaps, and extreme heat, your pump needs to be able to take the trauma in stride. Here are a few ways that you can ensure that your pump is prepared to fight back against the elements.
1) Protective Housing - First and foremost, you should prioritise purchasing an external pump that comes with protective housing. There are many different protective housing options available for sale. We advocate for selecting a weather-proof protective shell so that you can rest easy when your pump is in operation.
2) GFCI Outlets - Next, you'll want to make sure that your pump is installed with special protections that prevent potentially dangerous electrical situations. Grounded outlets and GFCI interrupters will help to make sure that your pump operates while still remaining safe for people in the area. GFCI stands for ground-fault circuit interrupter. Make sure that your pump is equipped with this protection as it will prevent electric shocks from injuring people who are near the pump.
Get the Pump You Need at Parker Pumps
Here at Parker Pumps, it is our mission to provide you with high-quality pumps at an affordable price. We have been serving the region with quality equipment and services since the 1960s. Since then, we've become THE place to go for all of your water pump needs. Call us today in order to hear more about the great equipment that we have to offer.
29B Ormond Rd., East Geelong VIC 3219
Phone: (03) 5229 7443
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Things You Need to Know About Circulating Pumps
- Onga Pool Pumps Dealer in Melbourne: Why Choose Parker Pumps?
- Why is On Site Service and Repair for Water Pumps Recommended?
- How Does Impeller Balancing Maintain Pump’s Operation?
- Benefits of Routine House Pump Maintenance
- Effects of Pipe Strains on Pumping Systems
- Important Considerations in Centrifugal Pump Lubrication
- Common Causes of Excessive Pump Vibration and Ways How to Correct Them
- FAQ: Does a Pump with a Low Operating Speed Increase Its Reliability?
- Avoid Health Problems Due to Water Contamination: Invest on a Whole House Filtration System
- Poorly-Designed Piping: What Harm Can it Cause to a Pumping System?
- Fountain and Pond Pump Selection Guidelines
- Booster Pumps: What, When, and Where is it Normally Needed?
- Understanding the Effects of Water Hammer on Pumps and Pipes
- Abrasive Wear in Pump Rotor: Causes and Solutions
- Dry Running Pump Stators and Loss of Lubrication: Why Should These Be Avoided?
- Causes and Remedies of Misalignment in Pumps
- How to Select Pumps that Can Withstand Harsh Environment and Weather Conditions
- FAQ: What Type of Pump Should be Used for a Running Viscous Liquid?
- When and Why are Water Pressure Booster Pump Systems Necessary?
- Is Water Filtration System Enough to Give You Good Quality Drinking Water?
- Most Common Drinking Water Contaminants: Why Filtration is A Necessity?
- How to Check for Common Fish Pond Pump Problems
- What are the Benefits of Having Grundfos Hot Water Circulators for your Home?
- Pond and Fountain Pumps: Are there any Differences?
- Garden Pump Facts: Installation, Care and Maintenance
- View all articles…
- How to Determine the Pump Size for Your Garden Fountain
- Benefits of Custom Designed Water Pumps for Your Ponds and Garden Needs
- View all articles…
- High Pressure Pumps for Cleaning Applications
- Uses and Applications of Submersible Mixed-Flow Column Pumps
- View all articles…