Poorly-Designed Piping: What Harm Can it Cause to a Pumping System?
July 18, 2019
Whether you are operating your own processing plant or a small fixture on your own property, piping will be a necessity. Having said that, the improper installation of piping can lead directly to a host of issues. Even if the system 'looks' right, there can still be tangible and negative consequences. For that reason, you need to know what you are on the lookout for. Today, we are going to be outlining several common harmful effects that can manifest as a result of a poor piping system design.
Impact of Poorly Designed Piping
When piping systems are put in place, they should be installed by professionals. Why is this the case? Well, the effectiveness of your system relies on proper installation. Even when your system seems to function, there can be problems that exist below the surface. Poorly designed piping systems can lead to some very tangible consequences. Listed below, you'll find just a few of the problems that might manifest when your system is poorly put in place.
1) Pockets of Air - One of the most flagrant and problematic piping designs is that of the inverted U-pipe. Piping needs to be sloped downward in order to facilitate the efficiency of your material's transference. When your piping is inverted, you will end up creating pockets of trapped air. If this ends up happening in your system, you could end up dealing with something known as suction cavitation.
2) Equipment Malfunction - The most common issue pertaining to poor system designs is the failure of your equipment. Whether you are dealing with alignment issues or improper fittings, equipment failure can end up being the result. When you have high-powered components failing while in operation, downright dangerous results can manifest. Whether your equipment failure leads to a fire or simple revenue loss, you won't like the results.
3) Piping System Stress - Your piping system is going to endure stress even when it is installed by a professional. However, an improperly designed piping system can lead to an increase in stress that can lead to more problems. As a result, you could end up dealing with force expansion, system break down, or temperature fluctuations.
4) Hazardous Leaks - The final issue that can manifest as a result of poorly designed piping is that of a leak. Depending on what material you are working with, you could end up releasing toxic materials into the air and surrounding area.
When it comes time to design your piping system, make sure that you know what you are doing. Make sure that you have a professional on hand in order to facilitate the job for you.
29B Ormond Rd., East Geelong VIC 3219
Phone: (03) 5229 7443
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Avoid Health Problems Due to Water Contamination: Invest on a Whole House Filtration System
- Poorly-Designed Piping: What Harm Can it Cause to a Pumping System?
- Fountain and Pond Pump Selection Guidelines
- Booster Pumps: What, When, and Where is it Normally Needed?
- Understanding the Effects of Water Hammer on Pumps and Pipes
- Abrasive Wear in Pump Rotor: Causes and Solutions
- Dry Running Pump Stators and Loss of Lubrication: Why Should These Be Avoided?
- Causes and Remedies of Misalignment in Pumps
- How to Select Pumps that Can Withstand Harsh Environment and Weather Conditions
- FAQ: What Type of Pump Should be Used for a Running Viscous Liquid?
- When and Why are Water Pressure Booster Pump Systems Necessary?
- Is Water Filtration System Enough to Give You Good Quality Drinking Water?
- Most Common Drinking Water Contaminants: Why Filtration is A Necessity?
- How to Check for Common Fish Pond Pump Problems
- What are the Benefits of Having Grundfos Hot Water Circulators for your Home?
- Pond and Fountain Pumps: Are there any Differences?
- Garden Pump Facts: Installation, Care and Maintenance
- View all articles…
- How to Determine the Pump Size for Your Garden Fountain
- Benefits of Custom Designed Water Pumps for Your Ponds and Garden Needs
- View all articles…
- High Pressure Pumps for Cleaning Applications
- Uses and Applications of Submersible Mixed-Flow Column Pumps
- View all articles…