Uses and Applications of Submersible Mixed-Flow Column Pumps
December 9, 2016
Submersible mixed-flow column pumps work deep below the ground to raise fluids from the bowels of deep wells. But make no mistake, we're not necessarily talking about fresh water. That's right, column pumps are imbued with enough mechanical muscle to shift thick solids, including the smelliest, foulest pools of raw sewage.
Moderate Duty Well Dwellers
Three and five vane impellers have enough ingrained torque to really push mixed-medium fluids. In the case of a medium-sized well, submersible mixed-flow column pumps will easily overcome a medium head so that turgid liquid/solid mixes will readily move up a long pipe, straight to the top of a deep hole in the ground. We tend to hide such pumping applications underneath manhole covers, but their applications are easy enough to imagine, beginning with wastewater disposal.
All Kinds of Wastewater
A depth handling feature couples naturally with a high flow design, so expect high-end column pumps to function efficiently within dozens of challenging scenarios, places where dirty water needs to be quickly evacuated. Land irrigation applications benefit from this deep bore fixture, as do flood water mediation situations. That latter usage area looks a bit like a submersible basement pump, but this version is scaled to remove much larger volumes of muddy water.
Double-Duty Sewage Deterrent
Commercial districts and small housing complexes use submersible mixed-flow column pumps as first stage fluid transporters. In essence, the mechanism's role here is to collect the waste in its pit and then feed the excrement to the main sewage line. That's an important duty, but what happens when it gets clogged down there? Well, in order to raise the pump from its ugly pool, a connecting chain is installed. It's this chain that lifts the clogged pump for maintenance or repair.
Questionable Fresh Water Applications
A puny motor deals out enough radial force to get a stream of fresh water circulating, but water streams aren't always this clean, especially in rural regions. A mixed-flow design works better in this muddy situation. It pumps the particulate-laden fluid through ground filters and sanitation gear, with the sparkling clean drinkable water arriving at the faucet via a secondary circulating pump.
This is a specialized, brawny pump family, one designed to work at some depth. It's typically responsible for the carriage of wastewater and sewage, but it can readily alter its function to handle freshwater. Other applications require a little imagination. If we're resourceful enough, though, it's easy to picture these deep well devices working powerfully in mines and deep thermal heating applications.
29B Ormond Rd., East Geelong VIC 3219
Phone: (03) 5229 7443
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- What Are the Advantages of Using Centrifugal Water Pumps?
- How to Determine the Pump Size for Your Garden Fountain
- View all articles…
- High Pressure Pumps for Cleaning Applications
- Uses and Applications of Submersible Mixed-Flow Column Pumps
- Uses and Applications of Grunfos Hot Water Circulation Pumps
- Common Causes of Swimming Pool Pump Failures
- Industrial Pump Reconditioning: Knowing What Works and What Needs Replacement
- The Importance of Pressure Pumps for Irrigation and Farming
- What is a Hot Water Circulating Pump?
- Maximise and Maintain your Sump Pumps for Longer Life Span
- Water Filter Options for Home Use
- Pumps Help Keep Your Swimming Pools in Tip Top Condition
- Pond Pumps for the Koi Fish Enthusiast
- How to Prime a Swimming Pool Pump
- The Need for Good Enclosure Design for Pumps for Protection and Maximised Performance
- How Do Sump Pumps Work?
- Essential Buying Guide for Water Pumps
- Benefits of Having a Whole House Filtration System
- UV Light System for Water Filtration and Purification: What are Its Benefits?
- Swimming Pool Pumps and Filters from Parker Pumps
- Functions and Applications of Hydraulic Pumps (Parker Pumps)
- Things You Need To Know About Sump Pumps
- Applications and Functions of Sewer Pumps
- How Do Swimming Pool Pumps Function?
- The Convenience of On Site Services and Repair for Water Pumps
- Should Your Pump Be Repaired or Replaced? Knowing When the Time Is Right