UV Light System for Water Filtration and Purification: What are Its Benefits?
April 29, 2016
We still view fluid filtration as a wholly mechanical process when, in fact, it has evolved far beyond water cleaning cartridges and chemical solutions. The in-line cartridge does effectively block sedimentary dirt and harmful bacteria, but it only represents a slice of the water filtration and purification market. Special osmotic mechanisms follow on from basic water cleaning modules and, located at the top of the technological heap, the UV light system solution takes filtration out of the mechanical loop, relying instead on the power of contact-free water sanitization.
The ultraviolet end of the light spectrum is employed here as a means of destroying germs. The short wavelength radiance emitted by a UV light system actually penetrates the cell membrane of floating germs and invisibly disrupts cell DNA, causing the tiny bacterial invader to perish before it reaches its outlet point. Used in disinfecting dirty water, converting germ-laden water into a potable drinking supply, the light is indirectly applied to the fluid stream, meaning no chemical additives are called for in this water cleansing method.
Water Filtration and Purification Benefits
Sterilized by pure light, no additives are required in this scenario, no odiferous chemicals or water conditioners. Biological contaminants are irradiated by UV lamps, and these lamps do not obstruct the water. Instead, the light fixtures are located in quartz glass sleeves or positioned adjacent to the Teflon tubes that contain the water stream. In addition to dismissing chemical taste, the light fixtures are far easier to maintain than an equivalent mechanical filter. Access to the water supply must be added to the design so that physical filters, ones blocked by solid matter, can be replaced. The UV solution uses long-lasting lamps, electrical systems that only require the occasional swap-out of a faulty bulb.
As effective as light technology is when it comes to water filtration and purification, the indirect sanitation method shouldn't be used by itself, at least not in situations where heavier pollutants are present. Heavy metals and certain minerals will absorb the light, attenuating the germ-killing aptitude of the lamps. Instead, the shortwave ultraviolet emissions are used in tandem with other products, with osmosis filtration and standard sieving cartridges. The filter stops chlorine and floating particulate matter while the UV radiation kills bacteria and viruses.
Enjoy swimming pool water without nasty chemical odours by installing a UV light system, a sanitizing product that cleans the water in spas, hot tubs, and drinking taps.
29B Ormond Rd., East Geelong VIC 3219
Phone: (03) 5229 7443
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Avoid Health Problems Due to Water Contamination: Invest on a Whole House Filtration System
- Poorly-Designed Piping: What Harm Can it Cause to a Pumping System?
- Fountain and Pond Pump Selection Guidelines
- Booster Pumps: What, When, and Where is it Normally Needed?
- Understanding the Effects of Water Hammer on Pumps and Pipes
- Abrasive Wear in Pump Rotor: Causes and Solutions
- Dry Running Pump Stators and Loss of Lubrication: Why Should These Be Avoided?
- Causes and Remedies of Misalignment in Pumps
- How to Select Pumps that Can Withstand Harsh Environment and Weather Conditions
- FAQ: What Type of Pump Should be Used for a Running Viscous Liquid?
- When and Why are Water Pressure Booster Pump Systems Necessary?
- Is Water Filtration System Enough to Give You Good Quality Drinking Water?
- Most Common Drinking Water Contaminants: Why Filtration is A Necessity?
- How to Check for Common Fish Pond Pump Problems
- What are the Benefits of Having Grundfos Hot Water Circulators for your Home?
- Pond and Fountain Pumps: Are there any Differences?
- Garden Pump Facts: Installation, Care and Maintenance
- View all articles…
- How to Determine the Pump Size for Your Garden Fountain
- Benefits of Custom Designed Water Pumps for Your Ponds and Garden Needs
- View all articles…
- High Pressure Pumps for Cleaning Applications
- Uses and Applications of Submersible Mixed-Flow Column Pumps
- View all articles…